- Found for the Border Scientifical and
-- 05.sep.97 --
- Also if the translation of the pages is now completed,
we decided to save this, summary of the foundation phylosophical concepts:
- We dont move from particular ideological, political or
religious positions, and we are completely open to people
of any ethnic group, colour, religious and/or political faith.
- This is a new way of thinking,
or better, an attempt to found a new phylosophical current, deeply and strongly humanist,
against other currents (i.e., giving priority to the defense of the nature).
- We're trying to move at the level of the philosophy, that is under the level of the politics and of the religions, just like
the foundations of a building are under the walls and the rooms, because I think that this
is the level were we need more new elaboration (and I didnt yet try to derivate a
political thought from this).
- We are present to a deep and irreversible crisis of the
philosophies those stimulated the human development
(cultural and technological) in the past 500 years; both the ideas, free trader liberal
and collectivist, were based on the unlimited development of the richness and of the
production power, therefore on a unlimited availability of natural resources.
- The large public opinion is now aware that the resources of
this planet are limited, and will not be enough for any
number of human beings. New ideologies, based on old principles, will have many
difficulties to born, because they cant anymore to promise a future of abundance,
and no new ideology will have luck, promising a future of poverty. Nevertheless, we do
need ideologies, in order to develope.
- Many currents seems to suggest to the Human Kind to reduce
itself, in order to let the Nature solve the problems.
But Nature will maybe solve her problems, not our problems.
- But our number (almost 6 billions people) is part of the
reasons of our success (technological and cultural), and
all the above currents dont understand that, if we stop growing, we will die as a
cultural kind: we could maybe survive as animals, until when the natural cycles of the
nature will allow it.
- The only demographically steady species are the extinguished
species; the perfect predators (i.e. sharks) can survive
for millions years, they in perfect armony with the nature and its rules, but they must
extinguish one day, when the nature cycles will turn to conditions unsuitable for them
(what about dynosaurs?).
- Mother Earth, as all the natural mothers, will kill her
children, if they arent able to grow out, looking
alone for their food.
- The Human Kind is the first kind, on this planet, having the
means to exceed the limits imposed by the Nature of the
planet itself: a brain and two hands with thumb that can be opposed; no other animal of
our dimension reached such a great numerical success.
- But we disperately need a new phylosophy, a new vision of the
world, a larger vision of the world, we cant no
more to conceive ourself as a species limited to our actual living space: we need a new
horizon of development, so we need new world (real new world, and not only a virtual
- The actual technological-social window will not extend for ever: we leave in a very critical moment, where the Human Kind holds the
bigger reachness that never had: the concrete and real Humans alive on the planet, almost
6 billions of intelligences to be used to win the challenge.
- If we are not able to ask for the help of everybody, and taking
to everybody the scientifical experimental culture, our kind is really condamned.
- The concept of sustainable development is a big lie: we cant measure the sustainability of the planet, therefore we
will probably turn to a zero development. We must adopt a concept of possible
development, thats a risk, of course, but also to not develope is a risk,
thousands of times bigger.
- We will no more find free life-space, like 500 years ago, when America was discovered, ready with air to breath, fresh water to
drink, woods to cut, bisons to hunt, and so on.
- The new world, the vital environment to continue the human
development, must be built up, wrenching it to impervious
environments on the planet (deserts, cold areas, sea) and out of the planet
(circumterrestrial space, moon, mars, asteroids).
- The borders of our world are many: the desert (if we dont fight it, it will gain space from us), the
sea, the cold environments, the impervious environments, the extreme agricolture, the
transport means (to travel out of the borders), the medicine (to take all the human
biodiversities in the new world), the big projects (integrated new towns, long bridges on
the sea, tunnels), the energy, the study and experimentation of self-maintaining
artificial eco-systems (maybe the most important), and many more.
- The sustainable development thought says that we cant
exceed these frontiers, but we absolutely must exceed them,
in an intelligent way, having the ecological lesson in our background, but without accept
any limitation to our development.
- The discussion on these themes is very weak, and the Human Kinds defenders need a powerful tool (like the
Natures partizans have the WWF) to speak high to all the people, to defend the
Technological and Scientifical Research and the scientific culture as the only means that
we have to win the challenge and to born in a wider space.
- Nobody can sleep peacefully:
all the accumulated patrimonies, will be noth worth a fig; without the work and the
technology the patrimonies will be only waste-paper. The stock exchanges will burn in
three days our hard-earned money.
- The capital, if it isn't intelligently invested, it doesn't
serve to anything, on the countrary, it is a dangerous
element of illusion, because it makes us feel to be in safety, while we are in extreme
- The only real capital is the human work, the creative
intelligence: this can really get future for us.
Therefore we must put hand to the purse without fear, to keep alive the technology, to
instruct and to turn in account the human capital, the only resource surely plentiful,
cheap and renewable on our planet.
We have many other things to say: all together it sounds like a
big revolution. Do you like to know more? Will you help us?
All kinds of help will be welcome. Send us your comments: email@example.com